Important Factors about Automotive business
The upswing of technology and urbanization is evident and imagining a day without driving a vehicle to carry out daily activities seems to be a Biggie indeed. Consequently, immense opportunities are on the rise to invest in the Automobile Industry. If you carry an Entrepreneur spirit and have a true passion for Automobiles, Automotive Business can be an ideal choice for you.
Here are some significant observations to be considered to set up the business for success:
- Choosing the type of Automotive Business that goes the Best with you.
Before kick-starting the business, it’s extremely crucial to formulate a vision for what the business would do. The available services and type of auto shop to be opened should be known precisely. There are several kinds of auto shops as follows:
- Body Shops: Automotive repair shops that specialize in bodywork repair are known as Body Shops. These services may include paintwork repairs to scratches, scuffs and dents, as well as replacing damaged body panels after a collision. Many body shops now offer paint less dent repair.
- Transmission Shops: The Transmission is one of the most complex and intricate components of the vehicle. As the name itself suggests, a transmission shop focuses only on vehicle’s transmission inclusive of transmission service, maintenance and repair. Without a transmission, you cannot shift gears and thereby you cannot travel as well. It being a complex component has to be treated by a specialist only most of the times.
- Tire Repair and Tire Retail Shops: Quality tires are needed for all vehicles. With the space of time, these important parts wear down and need to be replaced or repaired. Hence, tire replacement and repair services are always in demand. Abundant flow of customers and a product that is always in demand, makes it the recession-proof business for sure.
- Designing a Business Plan:
One of the most crucial but the least attended factor before starting the business is designing a business plan for it. Having a business plan handy, keeps you prepared with the upcoming ups and downs in the journey of startup. The Business type, finances, marketing and staffing details are all to be included in the Business Plan. In a nutshell, the Business Plan would help the business to be in one piece with their goals and visions.
- Cast about for a Location:
Finding the apt location is a foundational element of any successful auto repair shop. The location of a retail store can be a big boost. One should find about zoning laws on where one can and cannot open up an automotive business in one’s area. Having an auto-repair garage on highway or main road makes it more profitable for the garage would be easily accessible by the customers and the towing cost would be reduced. One also needs to make sure that a particular area has water facility, electricity facility, drainage facility and enough space to park the car.
- Financing for the Business:
Due to the types of machinery and manpower to be utilized for their functioning, automobile business requires considerable capital. Thus, evaluation of a financial situation is necessary. Unless you’re deep pocketed, you need to find alternative sources. The Business plan will have to be presented to potential investors including banks to secure a loan for the cost of location, insurance, advertising, equipment, payroll and other expenses.
- Apply for Business Licenses and Permits:
Find out about any important licenses you need in your state. Documentation and Licenses vary from state to state. The local state motor vehicle department should be able to provide you with the information about the licenses required to operate an auto-related business. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has some oversight over repair businesses with disposing vehicle waste like old motor oil. Obtaining a trade license, Pollution Certificate, and Trademark, Registration of the firm along with GST Registration and earning the Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certificate too may have to be done as a part of legalities.
- Hiring the Right Employees:
Running an Automotive Business is certainly not a one-person show. Thus, finding and hiring the right employees is one of the most significant steps when starting an Automotive Business. The Employees and their performances is the reflection of both the company and the business owner. The experience of the customers is associated with the performance and interaction with the employees. The same experience is shared by the customers to the mass. Hence, examining the employees and hiring the right person can be the turning point for the Business.
- Marketing to Attract Customers:
Marketing is the key to drive more sales in most of the business and Automobile Industry is no different. Following are some automotive marketing strategies that you can use to augment your sales:
- Have a website where customers can find your business online and schedule their auto services.
- Use Google Ads features such as Call-only Campaigns, Call extensions, mobile bid- adjustments, call tracking, etc.
- Be at the top of the Google SERP.
- Build Trust with Customer Reviews.
- Attend Automobile Events providing a platform to promote the business and gain client’s network.
- Adopt digital marketing using social media sites and advertising in print as well.
Start an Automotive Franchise with Franchise Insider:
As long as there are vehicles, the need for repairs, maintenance, inspections, tune-ups and part replacements will be there. If you’re an auto-enthusiast, the automotive niche could be the right choice for you. However, starting your own automotive business can be baffling to you. But franchising is a godsend to assist you for starting and running the business. Also, a franchise with a reputed brand name can help you get customers from the let-go. Franchise Insider offers wide variety of automotive franchise opportunities to run a successful automotive franchise business. When you consult us, you can expect the Best!!
To know more, contact:
Email id: email@example.com
Phone: +91 6351238956